Stir Fry Everything
Before grocery shopping we need to clean out our veggies and prepare room for fresh ones. Here's how we do it. Can you say YUMMY?
- 6 cups vegetables anything you have in the fridge
- 1 leek (the super onion) Optional, any onion will do. For leeks, clean well with 1 teaspoon backing soda in 1 gallon of water
- 1 tbsp olive oil If you don't use oil, water in the bottom of the pan will work fine. Hint hint for anyone watching their weight.
- I add the leek as a veggie because it's one people often overlook. Leeks are the superman of onions and if you've never tried one, you need to.
- Chop your veggies rather large
- Heat your olive oil on medium and add the veggies to a large pan
- Cook until slightly tender or mushier (yuck) if that's how you like them
- When finished, add to the top of quinoa with a little soy sauce. Delicious!
We pre-wash/soak all of our uncooked veggies in 1 teaspoon baking soda and allow them to soak for at least 5 minutes.